• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Italian uniform books by Guido Rossignoli - Any in English?

Sid Guttridge

Some 20-30 years ago I came across a couple of interesting and well-illustrated articles in some issues of a British modelling or wargaming magazine on the subject of Italian uniforms.

The author was Guido Rossignoli.

In Googling his name I came across the following Italian-language books by him:

Did Rossignoli write any other articles, or books, in English?

Has anyone seen or got any of his Italian books?

If so, would you recommend them?

Cheers,

Sid.

P.S. I notice he also co-authored "Albinesi in grigioverde" with Piero Crociani. Has anyone seen this?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I have his Alpini book. Because it covers the uniforms, insignia, etc. for the corps throughout it history in 143 pages, it is light on details. In all, I use it more to find color representatives of uniform and insignia details have read in other books (such as Viotti's works). It is rarely the first book I go to to research something new.

That being said, it has a nice history of the corps in the first 35 pages that gives one a overview of all the changes. The remainder of the book are the color plates which offer some nice details.

For the non-Italian reader, it can be a good resource, but I hesitant to say it is definitive.

I have not seen or heard of a book Albinesi in grigioverde written with Crociani. Crociani did co-write a book, Gli Albanesi nelle Forze Armate Italiane (1939-1943) with Viotti. I don't have a copy (hasn't reach the top of my to-buy list), but it is likely to be very good. I have several books by Crociani and by Viotti and they are all 'go-to' books.

I am not aware of any of his works in English.

Pista! Jeff

Last edited:

1089maul

Morning Sid,

Yes, he did write other books in English. I attack two which I have relating to badges and MSVN uniforms. I also have another one which relates medals.

He used to live near a Farnborough and a few years ago I corresponded with him over some reunion Alpini medals that I have. He was very helpful.

Regards,

Bob M

Attachments

• 2AA60999-1534-4B34-A6C9-33CB76DAD6AC.jpeg
    2AA60999-1534-4B34-A6C9-33CB76DAD6AC.jpeg
    67.6 KB · Views: 810
  • 0085D742-040A-466A-89A5-ABEA9CB38C6E.jpeg
    0085D742-040A-466A-89A5-ABEA9CB38C6E.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 796