• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

La Croce al Merito di Guerra certificate translation

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Posted 24 October 2004 by sergemaster

Greetings all,
I just received from my aunt some of my Late Grandfathers things from when he was in the RE and the war. Besides a photo album, one of them was a medal in a frame with "la croce al merito di Guerra" on the certificate. Now BEHIND the frame was an envelope that was taped to it. Hmmmmmm I said and I opened It up probably the first time since it being put there. I opened it up and found this letter dated April 16 1960. This is what it says:

Regione Militare Meridionale
x comando Militare Territoriale

frosolone (Campobasso)

Al signor Sergemaster Felice (Artigl. in cong.)
Frazione di S.Pietro in Valle, 129

Nel rimetterle l'insegna e il brevetto relativi alla croce al merito di guerra che le e stata conferita in riconoscimento dei sacifici da lei sostenuti nell' adempi-mento del dovere in guerra, le esprimo i sentimenti di gratitudine dell Esercito.

Il Generale Comandante
Guido Boschetti

Can you tell me what this says??

-------------

Posted 25 October 2004 by FB

s
ergemaster said:
Greetings all,
I just received from my aunt some of my Late Grandfathers things from when he was in the RE and the war. Besides a photo album, one of them was a medal in a frame with "la croce al merito di Guerra" on the certificate. Now BEHIND the frame was an envelope that was taped to it. Hmmmmmm I said and I opened It up probably the first time since it being put there. I opened it up and found this letter dated April 16 1960. This is what it says:

Regione Militare Meridionale
x comando Militare Territoriale

frosolone (Campobasso)

Al signor Sergemaster Felice (Artigl. in cong.)

Nel rimetterle l'insegna e il brevetto relativi alla croce al merito di guerra che le e stata conferita in riconoscimento dei sacifici da lei sostenuti nell' adempi-mento del dovere in guerra, le esprimo i sentimenti di gratitudine dell Esercito.

Il Generale Comandante
Guido Boschetti

Can you tell me what this says??

This sounds like the letter accompanying the War Cross and its Licence that Gen. Boschetti wrote to your Grandfather when the decoration was given to him.

Southern Military Region
x Territorial Military Command

Frosolone (Campobasso)

To Mr. Sergemaster Felice (Artilleryman in discharge)

In remitting to you the insignia and the license concerning the War Merit Cross that was appointed to you as a recognition of the sacrifices that you endured while carrying out the duty during the war, I express to you the feelings of gratitude of the Army.

The Commanding General
Guido Boschetti

Best regards

-----------

Posted 25 October 2004 by sergemaster

Thanks, FB, made my day!