• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Location of Mussolini Being Shot at Dongo

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
by Tankredi » Tue May 22, 2007 7:56 am

Does anybody know where exactly in Dongo Mussolini was shot?
And, is there a sign or a monument at that place?

---------------

by Folgore » Tue May 22, 2007 10:14 am
Yes..there is a memorial tablet which expalin what happened there. I don't remember where Mussolini was shot..we all can figure the famous pic with the wall colored with Mussolini's blood...but I think that he wasn't shot in Dongo, but in a very small town near Dongo, a hamlet of Dongo.

--------------

by FB » Tue May 22, 2007 11:01 pm

He was captured near Dongo. But he was shot in Giulino di Mezzegra, a fraction of the village of Giulino, a village not distant from Dongo (where the other Gerarchi were shot).

At least, Giulino di Mezzegra is the place where "Col. Valerio" said to have killed Mussolini, but his story has a lot of holes, to say the least. Anyway, his story is still the official one: Mussolini's death certificate reads Giulino di Mezzegra as death place I think and encyclopedias report the same town.

---------------

by panzerschreck » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 am

mezz_villa.jpg

this is the place

mezz_croce.jpg

more Information
Mezzegra

Tankredi ci andiamo?
:wink: