• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Looking for photos taken by the Itailians of Col. Claytons captured Ford pilot car, Te Rangi

partsgone

I have three photos of Col. Claytons Ford pilot car taken by the Itialians after it's capture. If anyone has such photos i would love for you to share them with me. I'm hoping there were more then three taken and i suspect there was, just don't know where to look for them. thanks

Last edited:

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the fourm!

It took me a few minutes to understand your question. I assume you are asking about the Ford 01 used by Clayton in the LRDG that he had named Te Rangi.

There is a book by Mortimer titled Vehicles of the Long Range Desert Group 1940-1945. It might have some pictures of the vehicle after its capture.

Hopefully others might know of some sources for pictures.

v/r Jeff

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member

partsgone

no, i remember seeing the pre order page years ago, but somehow i never orderd it, I can not find any copies. i have seen the parts that are viewabe on line. I hope to run into one sometime. Would need just the complete first chapter.
thanks