• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Mussolini and the British and American secret services, SOE and OSS

MALCOLM TUDOR

How did Benito Mussolini really die? Was it simply an execution by Italian partisans or were foreign secret agents involved? The Communist Party said that he had been shot by a mysterious partisan known as Colonel Valerio, usually identified later as the accountant Walter Audisio. But many alternative theories claim that the British Special Operations Executive (SOE) or the American Office of Strategic Services (OSS) were responsible. Using secret wartime reports from the United Kingdom and the United States, Italian records, and first-hand accounts, this book proves the involvement of the British and Americans in the downfall of the dictator, solving one of the great mysteries of the Second World War. “Mussolini, the Last 10 days, a New Investigation” is available worldwide as an eBook in Amazon Kindle and in paperback from www.amazon.co.uk and www.emiliapublishing.com

Attachments

• 00010.JPG
    00010.JPG
    429.9 KB · Views: 140

DrG

Thank you for having reported your new book. Its link in Amazon.co.uk is this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mussolini-Last-10-Days-Investigation/dp/1915292867/ From the short preview available on Amazon I have noticed that the reconstruction is very clear, and it is not an easy task, and there are not a single spelling mistake, which usually plague English language books about Italy.

I have just a couple of questions for the author, please:
1) Have you used British and American documents from their national archives and, if yes, do you provide their full archival references?
2) Who actually killed Mussolini, in your opinion?

MALCOLM TUDOR

Thank you for your kind comments on the content and presentation of the book. I'm an Anglo-Italian writer and researcher and it's my tenth title on wartime Italy. I first started researching the topic of the last days of Mussolini in around 2010. I've visited the Italian lakes and Milan many times to establish facts and to reach conclusions in addition to consulting the national archives and other relevant sources. So the book is comprehensive and well-documented. Everything is carefully referenced, including seven pages of appendices, five pages of endnotes, six pages on leading personalities, and three pages of bibliography covering the books, newspaper and magazine articles consulted. The insights that I have gained are all set out in the book.

1089maul

Malcolm.
Wellcome to the forum! I have many books on Mussolini, I will order your book and look forward to read it with great interest! I know his last days have been clouded in myster but as far as I know, there hasn’t been much published in recent years!
Regards,
Bob

DrG

Thank you for your kind comments on the content and presentation of the book. I'm an Anglo-Italian writer and researcher and it's my tenth title on wartime Italy. I first started researching the topic of the last days of Mussolini in around 2010. I've visited the Italian lakes and Milan many times to establish facts and to reach conclusions in addition to consulting the national archives and other relevant sources. So the book is comprehensive and well-documented. Everything is carefully referenced, including seven pages of appendices, five pages of endnotes, six pages on leading personalities, and three pages of bibliography covering the books, newspaper and magazine articles consulted. The insights that I have gained are all set out in the book.
Thank you!

1089maul

Morning all,
I have now read this book.
I have many books on Mussolini, all in the English language, but must confess that it has been a few years since I have read one.
I found Mr Tudor’s book to be well written and very easy to follow. The one thing that I really liked about the book is that he goes into depth in great detail in relation to the partisans and SOE. In addition, he has included correspondence between various people which was very interesting. This was not the case with the books that I own. Did I learn anything knew from Mr Tudor’s book, without doubt a yes.
I would certainly recommend this book for anyone who wishes to learn more about Mussolini’s and indeed, the fascists, last ten days. Whether it would satisfy the needs of a professional researcher then I am not so sure due to the lack of citation.
Regards to all,
Bob

DrG

Morning all,
I have now read this book.
I have many books on Mussolini, all in the English language, but must confess that it has been a few years since I have read one.
I found Mr Tudor’s book to be well written and very easy to follow. The one thing that I really liked about the book is that he goes into depth in great detail in relation to the partisans and SOE. In addition, he has included correspondence between various people which was very interesting. This was not the case with the books that I own. Did I learn anything knew from Mr Tudor’s book, without doubt a yes.
I would certainly recommend this book for anyone who wishes to learn more about Mussolini’s and indeed, the fascists, last ten days. Whether it would satisfy the needs of a professional researcher then I am not so sure due to the lack of citation.
Regards to all,
Bob
Thank you for your review! Just two questions: who shot Mussolini? Are Franco Bandini's works mentioned in the text or in the bibliography?

1089maul

DrG, Sorry for the late reply but I have been away. Ah, should I reveal the whodunnit in this book???
Firstly, Bandini’s book does appear in the bibliography. The book is also cited in one of the chapters.
Secondly, I have come away without needing to change my opinion that it was Audisio who shot Mussolini. The book dispels other myths that have arisen since the episode.
I have had some correspondence with the author who tells me that in addition to his research, he has travelled the area in northern Italy where the last 10 days took place in order in improve his research and gain as much information as he could.
Regards,
Bob

DrG

Thank you. Audisio, at best, shot Mussolini's corpse, surely he did not kill him.