• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

MVSN greatcoat?

Ironmaiden2000

Hello I want to create a pre social republic kit, and am trying to look into period correct gear. In particular I wanted to do one of the MVSN units sent to Russia. However I'm a bit confused on the greatcoat. I've had sources tell me that double breasted was officers only and at the same time that enlisted could wear them but officer gear was higher grade?

My question is which one would I go for a enlisted blackshirt?
Also opinions on http://www.lostiledeglieroi.it/index.php/

Probably gonna buy from them as they've been reliable for my buffeteria

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Buongiorno

The single breasted cappotto was enlisted issue. Double breasted issue was officer. No, enlisted didn't wear officer cappotti. A enlisted double breasted cappotto was issued to troops in Russia in the winter of 1942, but these were fur lined. Not every soldier received one.

Looking at the link/store you provided, I get a very Chinese vibe. I suspect the items are made by Hiki. <i>Lo stile degli Eroi</i> only lists one cappotto, and it is for an officer. I checked the Hiki Store and Hiki too now only offers the officer cappotto. This reinforces my suspicion that the items are made by Hiki.

There is a group in the US that portrays the Tagliamento in Russia. They participate on the WW2 Italian Reenactment Help/Impression page on Facebook. They can help you in building a MVSN impression.

Ironmaiden2000

Buongiorno

The single breasted cappotto was enlisted issue. Double breasted issue was officer. No, enlisted didn't wear officer cappotti. A enlisted double breasted cappotto was issued to troops in Russia in the winter of 1942, but these were fur lined. Not every soldier received one.

Looking at the link/store you provided, I get a very Chinese vibe. I suspect the items are made by Hiki. <i>Lo stile degli Eroi</i> only lists one cappotto, and it is for an officer. I checked the Hiki Store and Hiki too now only offers the officer cappotto. This reinforces my suspicion that the items are made by Hiki.

There is a group in the US that portrays the Tagliamento in Russia. They participate on the WW2 Italian Reenactment Help/Impression page on Facebook. They can help you in building a MVSN impression.
Thanks for the advice, I was hesitant to even get it from the source because it was a officer. I remember reading like you said that double breasted was issued but not every enlisted got one. You've been a great help so far thank you. Also by the Facebook page I am assuming you mean the commando supremo one? I don't really use Facebook so I wouldn't want to mess anything up

Last edited: