• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Original Photo-Handwritten Insription

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Posted 02 March 2011 by Reiter_gen_Osten
Ciao a tutti!

Though this is a photo, I didn't post it in the "Photo Section" as it's the writing on the back I need help with. Below is an image of the writing on the back, as well as an image of the photo. Most of the trouble I am having is reading the handwriting itself.

I'm not sure if it would be of any help or interest, but in case it might be, here is how I came into possession of it: Quite a while ago (1999-2000) I purchased it along with 19 other photos. It was sold as a lot of "Original WWII German photos" -20 photos for $20. With the exception of this photo, all the others were of German soldiers and only a few of the same person.

He appears to be wearing American service trousers, service shirt, overseas hat w/ piping and a non-regulation trouser belt.

I would appreciate any help in translating this.

Grazie!
Frederico

Here's the back...
Photo_02.jpg

...and here's the photo itself.
Photo_01.jpg

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Posted 03 March 2011 by Oasis

To my dear friend Willi, with brotherly friendship, I give this (photo) of me to be always remembered.
Mr. Rioldi Giuseppe, Corso Concordia 12, Milan

-------------

Posted 03 March 2011 by Reiter_gen_Osten

Grazie Mille Oasis!
:)

Frederico