• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

RE-INFORCEMENTS LYBIA 1940

Wargames

After reading a really good discussion here on the TOE of the Italian Army in N.A. on June 10, 1940, I was wondering what was sent between September 1 and the end of December, 1940. What arrived and when? Did Mussolini ever send any trucks?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
There was quite a lot of units and equipment sent during that time period. Artillery, c.c., c.a., trucks, etc. were sent. M11/39 and M13/40 tanks were sent.

Wargames

Agreed except, I think, the M11/39 was sent in July, 1940. However, I don't have the dates and what was sent after September 1. Whatever you and others can provide I will take.

Thanks in advance!

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
There are others here on the forum that have studied the movement of men and material to A.S. in greater detail than I. I am hoping they can offer their thoughts.

You are correct that the M11/39s arrived before September; IIRC it was in A.S. in July.

The following hasn't been cross checked to insure it is accurate. I have:

September:
200 trucks on the Gritti and Vittor Pisani on 2 Sep at Tripoli (I believe they arrived a few days later)
100 3 RO trucks on the 7th
360 trucks at Tripoli on/about the 13 Sep.

December:
III btg. M (M13/40) arrived late November/early December)
10º regg. bers. 13 Dec.
V btg. M (M13/40) 13 December

Pista! Jeff

Wargames

There are others here on the forum that have studied the movement of men and material to A.S. in greater detail than I. I am hoping they can offer their thoughts.

I was hoping so too. Is there a way for me to find their posts? Or for me to contact them?

Thanks,

Wargames