• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

RSI Balilla

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
by JLEES » Sat May 21, 2005 5:52 am

Someone was kind enough to translate an Italian RSI postcard with a Balilla theme. The card attempted to recruit Balilla members into the RSI armed forces. Up until that point I had not given the Balilla in the RSI any serious thought. Did the Balilla exist during the RSI (or were they members before September 1943) and does anyone know the numbers of children involved? If they did exist during the RSI, did this organization change much after the Duce was placed back in power? Were they ever used like the HJ against enemy troops driving northward through Italy?
James

----------------

by Lupo Solitario » Sat May 21, 2005 5:58 am

post it here James

I believe the fascist youth organization disappeared in 1943, anyway in 1945 there was a unit formed by underage boys. it was called "white flames", I believe.

-------------

by Barbarigo » Sun May 22, 2005 11:03 pm

What said by Lupo is correct.
I add that under the RSi the "White Flames"- F"Fiamme Bianche" were about 5.000 and they were young volunteers born in the ages 1926, 1927, 1928 .
Paolino

---------------

by JLEES » Mon May 23, 2005 12:58 am

If the Balilla did not exist during the RSI, were the White Flames "Fiamme Bianche" were about 5.000 a military unit?
James

---------------

by Barbarigo » Mon May 23, 2005 2:20 am

JLEES wrote:If the Balilla did not exist during the RSI, were the White Flames F"Fiamme Bianche" were about 5.000 a military unit?
James

Fiamme Bianche was a paramilitary organization, like Gioventù Italiana del Littorio.
Paolino

--------------

by JLEES » Mon May 23, 2005 1:38 pm

Lupo and Paolino,
Thanks for the information about the RSI Balilla boys. Do you know if the 5,000 boys in the Fiamme Bianche were organized into military style units? How were they used?
james