• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Semoventi in Slovenia

Kustosz2137

So I've just read about section (2 guns) of DLIV Gruppo Semoventi 75/18 divided from it's original unit and sent to occupied Slovenia. According to author it entered combat in April 1942 as part of II Corpo d'Armata called "sectione antisabotaggio", commanded by tenente Antonio Breda.
The problem is that I can't find even single mention of such unit, nor it's commamder. The book itself (Tank Power CXII about 75/18) is not so good, to say the least, but it just made me curious, is anything more known about that unit?

Kustosz2137
Regardless of the fact that in Slovenia, as far as I know, the 2nd Army Corps never operated but only the 11th regarding an alleged use of M18/75 self-propelled guns in that theater of war even if in small numbers it is a bit problematic to prove... even if in fact it could have happened that some latest generation department (to understand us with the mixed workforce of tanks and self-propelled vehicles) has detached a couple of its self-propelled vehicles to participate in some anti-partisan operation.... I still don't I never found any trace....but...anyway
all the best Maurizio

Ah I understand, much more correct even if to me the only armed unit with 75/18 self-propelled guns that operated in the Balkans appears to be the 558th battalion in the Brenner division which however operated mainly in Albania first and then Greece... .
All the best
maurizio

Kustosz2137

Ah I understand, much more correct even if to me the only armed unit with 75/18 self-propelled guns that operated in the Balkans appears to be the 558th battalion in the Brenner division which however operated mainly in Albania first and then Greece... .
All the best
maurizio
Today recived copy of Davide Beretta's "Batterie Semoventi alzo zero" book, and seems like 2 reserve Semoventi and some Bianchi Miles trucks of the DLIV were in fact sent to Slovenia. Their license plates were R.E.4614 and R.E.4616, while Antonio Breda seems to be commander of one of these.