• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

This would be a good time for the admins to post info on the 1941 Donetsk Christmas Battle.

NeonSun

In lieu of recent events in Ukraine, this 1941 battle has renewed-significance. Hope to see postings about it with as much detail as possible on the main page of Commando Supremo. 📂📚📎

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I offer it up to you if you wish to write such an article. The recent publication of Snow, Ice, and Sacrifice and Mussolini's Eastern Campaign provide plenty of detailed information on the Battaglia di Natale for the English writer. The best articles are usually written by those whom themselves wish to learn more about an event.

Give it a try, you might find you enjoy the research and the crafting a useful article to share with others.

Pista! Jeff

NeonSun

Point well made! I don't have access to an academic library, but let's see what I can find...

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
You can start with Le operazioni della unità italiane al fronts russo, a computer translation of the Italian Army official history. It will provide you a good narrative of the battle as a starting point. The two books I mentioned are also good sources.

Pista! Jeff