• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Unknown patches

Bodey

Hello everyone!

My name is Bodey, and I am new to the forum. Recently, I purchased these patches, and while the seller told me they were Italian army, I am very skeptical as I cannot seem to find similar ones anywhere. I was hoping someone here may be able to identify them. I look forward to hearing your thoughts, and am happy to be here!

Best,

Bodey

Attachments

• IMG_6996.JPG
    IMG_6996.JPG
    767.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6995.JPG
    IMG_6995.JPG
    708.7 KB · Views: 205

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Bodey

I have never seen this type of patch before. The shape and design with different colors isn't a style the R.E. used (note that these are different in concept from the mostrine). I would be hesitant to say these were post WW2 patches used by the army, but I have not researched the post-war military to any extent. The quality of the workmanship isn't high, and the cross on three hills is religious in nature and not something the army would use.

These are not R.E. patches and I would guess not even military. But I can't offer any evidence other than these are not seen/discussed in any of the uniform books I possess.

Pista! Jeff

1089maul

Bodey,
I agree with Jeff, these are not Italian military badges. I have a detailed book on post war Italian military uniforms and your badges do not appear it. Nor do they appear in any of my other Italian uniform books.
Regards,
Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Fixed...... ;)

Bodey

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the warm welcome as well as the insight on these patches. I was fairly certain they were not military, but the price was right so I took a calculated risk in buying them. No big deal, although now I am on a journey to figure out what these patches might be from! Does anyone know by chance a forum of some kind that deals with religious items? Perhaps a place like that may be the right spot....

Best,
Bodey