• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Weapons Handling Manuals?

Pendejo

Is there any Training Manuals on the usage of weapons? Like for the Carcano the only anecdotal thing I've ever heard was that the bolt was "...used energetically with the palm of the hand..." and that's about it.

Did the Manual of using the 1891 or 91/43 change significantly from 1918-1943? Had they found more efficient shooting stances like the British and Commonwealth (even though it was 1944)?

Was it acknowledged that the Breda had failures and had therefore come up with remedial drills that could save troops lives? What were the manipulations for the drills or the expected time it took to change a barrel, magazine, clear a jam etc.

Any info on this stuff would be great!

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am unsure what information you are looking for.

Are you looking on how to fire the weapons (marksmanship); are you looking for information on the weapons themselves (asembly/disaassembly, maintenance, parts, etc.); or are you looking for how units employ their weapons?

Pendejo

Marksmanship I guess, everything else you mentioned would be interesting. I was more specifically interested in the marksmanship principles and how troops were taught to fire, how to take up sight picture properly, how the bolt is worked and how malfunctions are remedied.