• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Welcome and Introduction

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Benvenuto to the Comando Supremo website.

I am Jeff Leser (pronounced lazer) and I am the senior moderator of the Forum.

A bit of background for those new to CS. This site previously existed for many years and built a membership from around the world. The quality of the posters/researchers and their presentation of their information/data was of such high quality that the site was recognized by the Library of Congress and the library collected various snapshots of the site from 2006 to 2017 when the original site was taken down. Approximately three years ago, the creator/owner sold the site to another. Due to various issues under the new owner, the site languished and finally was taken down in 2017. The original creator/owner decide to reacquire the rights and relaunch the site. His (and my) intent is to rebuilt the site to once again be 'the' web source for discussion and research of Italy's involvement during the Second World War. Our desire is if you don't find the answer to your question within the site today, ask your question and someone will be able to help you and that answer will be on the site tomorrow for the next seeker.

Unfortunately the content of the original forum wasn't saved. One task I have given myself is to search using tools such as the Wayback Machine to find original content and repost it here on CS. As you read through the site, you will see threads from the original Comando Supremo. if you have questions about the subject of those threads, by all means reply to the thread. If you wish to help, use the Wayback Machine and other tools to find the old material and repost.

Now a bit about me. I am a retired US Army officer that has served in many far away places. I am a serious researcher that wishes to present data that others can use in their own research. To do this, the critical thing is to cite your sources. if you read it in a book, please cite the title and page number. if a document, cite the complete name of the document and where it is located. Uploading a scan of the material is better yet. This allows others to validate your research and use the information with confidence in their own work. It also saves them time so they are not needlessly searching for something which you have already provided. it allows for corrections/reinterpretation of material that can produce greater understanding. The exchange of information creates shared knowledge and that is what makes a site such as Comando Supremo superior to others; everyone has the opportunity to learn and grow.

if you have any questions, need help, or just wish to chat, please contact me. Until then...

Pista! Jeff

Last edited:

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Jeff, thank you for posting this and I want to echo Jeff's statements. For the next few months I will be reloading all the lost content on the comandosupremo.com website. But we won't stop there. We'll make them better, more search friendly on Google and post new, informative content to the website. I want to thank all of you for being patient through this long process. But I promise you, comandosupremo.com's best days are yet to come.

MatíasG

Hello. My name is Matías.
I'm a Spanish speaker of Italian descent that speaks decent English and a bit of Italian.
I'm really glad you guys decided to give this site a second chance. And very exited to be a part of it from the start.
I hope to see the site grow to be even better than before.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Mille grazie Matías! Welcome back.

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, Matias! Nice to have you here again.

ltatone

Hello! I am so happy that you are back up and running! My name is Anthony and my grandfather served in the 1st Superga in WW2. My interest in the Italians involvement in the conflict is insatiable and with so little info out there this site was of great interest. Great to have you back!

Andreas

So... What's going on here then?

All the best

Andreas

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Andreas

Welcome. I am not sure what you are asking.

I guess the answer is 'whatever you wish to have going on here' :)

Pista! Jeff

Dili

I guess this is the place to put suggestions. I noticed does not seem to be a link to the forums in the webpage.

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
I guess this is the place to put suggestions. I noticed does not seem to be a link to the forums in the webpage.
Dili,

There is, but perhaps it should be made more obvious. Take a look at the very top left of the website.

Dili

Dili,

There is, but perhaps it should be made more obvious. Take a look at the very top left of the website.

Got it, but yeah i was expecting it to be in the Articles, Biographies, Weapons etc. level. Also when i open the page the tendency is to scroll down.

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
I agree. The website is still being repaired. I'll make the Forum link more visible once I decide on a layout.

fredleander

Well, well - this is great! I don't know what happened to this site except for what Jeff has written in the introduction here. I was thrown out years ago (for whatever reason - I don't know), never to be able to get back in again. I have tried on numerous occasions, to no avail - now I re-registered on my original user name.

I wish us all some good times here from now on…:)..

Nice lay-out!

Fred

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Benvenuto to th eboth of you.

Pista! Jeff