• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Welcome and Introduction

Annales

My compliments to Jim for developing an excellent revamped CS site!!! It looks and feels much more professional and the quality of the images and texture is amazing.

Just a couple of points: when citing a book, it is usual practice to cite the author, year, title of book, publisher, city and then pages. Just citing the title and pages may not be enough. At a minimum, the author (year) should be cited too; and publisher and city, if possible.

Scanning and uploading pages from a book or article? Ummh? There could be copyright issues here and needing the author's permission, etc,. However, if it can be done safely, sure! If not, paraphrasing will have to do, as long as the source (author, year, title, pages) is clearly stated.

Finally, I would like to see more non-English sources and material posted and cited, especially Italian. I can't read Italian, but for those that do, it would be a real bonus if such material can be translated and uploaded to this site. I am not talking about translating entire books or even articles written in Italian; but certainly sentences and paragraphs can be.

It might well be that this new CS site eventually becomes a reputable and reliable source for war historians and university researchers delving into the
participation and performance of Italy in WW2 and shed new historical light and original research.

One can only hope!!

905guy

Hello. My name is Bruno Speziale, and my late father Salvatore Speziale, fought in Tunisia during the second world war. He was captured and imprisoned in a French POW cam in Morocco. I hope to find information about his time during the war.

Thanks.

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Great to have you here, Bruno!

Barbarigo

Hello to everybody!
I am an old member of the old "Comando Supremo"'s forum and I found yesterday the new one by chance.

My name is Paolo, I am from Italy, in the nearby of Milan, 41 years old.
All friend call me Paolino ("little Paul"), maybe now someone of the older members could remeber me...
I am an engeneer, but I have always been interested in Italian II WW history, specially about the difficult period after the Armistice.
Since 2006 I have published many resarches on the subject(8 books and nearly 50 articles), including the first volume about italian armored unit of Italian Social Republic.
If you are interested you can find all my works on my Facebokok's page:

Cheers,
Paolino

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Buongiorno Paulo. Great to have you back!

Pista! Jeff

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Paolino! Very nice to see you again. As you are probably aware, I am slowly recovering your old articles as well as many others and getting published again. Benvenuto!

Jim

1089maul

Paolino,
Welcome! I have just seen your books on amazon. They are on my wish list and hope to get them soon.
Regards,
Bob M

Barbarigo

Paolino! Very nice to see you again. As you are probably aware, I am slowly recovering your old articles as well as many others and getting published again. Benvenuto!

Jim

Thank you Jim to see you again! I lost you on Facebook and I do not have your contact.
My old articles could need a review because of more and newer informations I've collected durig last years.

Paolino,
Welcome! I have just seen your books on amazon. They are on my wish list and hope to get them soon.
Regards,
Bob M

Thank you Bob! And thank you for your appreciations for my books.
Unfortunately not all of them are bilingual and not all of the ones bilingual have a good translation in English (I am not mothertongue, so my translations are so and so....).
More books are coming that aren't yet on Amazon, like this one about "M" Armored Group (from 1st Legionary Division till the RSI), I am sorry I do not have at the moment the English's version cover:

Paolino

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Jim to see you again! I lost you on Facebook and I do not have your contact.
My old articles could need a review because of more and newer information I've collected during last years.

Paolino. This is what I have right now: https://comandosupremo.com/armored-vehicles-1940-1945/

Let me know if it needs some correction. Also, please private message me your email address, a photo of your face and 3-4 sentence author biography about you so I can attach the article to you.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Good to have you back!

FAITA69

Salve a tutti, sono orgoglioso di far parte di questo forum ... pratico modellismo statico e spero, attraverso il materiale del forum, di avere info e spunti per creare nuove scenette e diorami.
Marco

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Test.