• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

WTK: Any information of the tools issued for a 1914 Fiat Revelli

toolmanm203

I am looking for any information on what would have been in the issued toolbox for the Fiat Revelli. So far I have come up with nothing but I have a toolbox headed my way and am going to try my best to fill it with the proper tools but there seems to be no information that I can find. Are there any museums in Italy anyone here can recommend that I can reach out to? Thanks in advance for any help. Regards, Russ

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member

toolmanm203

Thank you Jeff I do have the original manual and it does list them but there are really no pictures or details about what they are or who supplied them. I was hoping someone here would have an idea of exactly what they are.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Sadly the Italians normally didn't write those types of manuali. The closest I have found are the Speechio di Caricamento. These are basically packing lists without pictures or item/part numbers for ordering replacements like one would find in modern manuals.

I can only direct you to look for pictures of the cassetta per accessori e parti di ricambio for the Fiat. I will comment that unlike today, there weren't that many different types of hammers in 1940. If the tool is the right size, it is likely correct if Italian made.

Please share anything you find here to help others.

toolmanm203

Thank you again Jeff I knew it would be difficult but it looks like I have a longer road ahead of me than I originally thought. Well at least I enjoy the hunt so this should keep me busy for a whole lol.

toolmanm203

Jeff, I have been trying to translate the list of tools and there are a few that have me confused so anyone here that can help I would greatly appreciate it.
#4- key for beavers?
#7- large game hunters?
#8- small game hunters?
#10- rear and front cranksets?
#11- series of________?
#13- ______ wand? I assume this is the cleaning rod?

FrancoFB

4 key for firing pin
7/8 small/large split pin driver
11 series of barrel cleaner
13 i think is right cleaning rod

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
4 chiave di precursori - firing pin wrench - chiave when used for a tool is a wrench.
11 serie di scovolini - series of bore brushes
13 bacchetta nettatoio - cleaning rod

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure. It appears to front and rear cranksets, but I am trying to figure out what they are. The could be a type of racket wrench, but I don't think so. Box wrenches? I am wondering if they are some type of compression tool for springs as it is front and rear.

Only guesses at this time.

Last edited:

FrancoFB

i'm a ex pipe smoker and scovolini is also the name for the pipe cleaner, from this my translation as barrel cleaner