• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by muzza

1. M

Alpini badge

Hi Bob. Thanks for your prompt response. I only have 2 photos of uncle Gioachino - both in his uniform. See attached (he is second from left)
  2. M

Alpini badge

Can some help with identifying this badge please? Its provinence is that it's from my uncle who served in WW2 as an Alpino in Yugoslavia. He died in 1944/45 but gave this badge to his sister (my mother - since deceased). I cannot see this type in a simple google search. Thank you
  3. M

Italian POW's in Kenya

Thanks Doc. Yes, your comment clarifies this question for me. It's irrelevant what status he was - so I have to find official documentation as to where he was held and for how long. A comment his daughter made to me - as far as I know Luciano never served in any military capacity anywhere...
  4. M

Italian POW's in Kenya

Hi Jeff. Many thanks for this tip. I have emailed the site you recommended. I will also go to the forums/threads link you provided.
  5. M

Italian POW's in Kenya

Thanks for your comment Franco. I now think he was a colonist.. I have since found out he left Italy in 1938, and went to Asmara (Eritrea) where he drove trucks. But that's all I know. My conclusion is he was probably a colonist, but I cannot rule out completely that he may have been in the...
  6. M

Italian POW's in Kenya

I'm new to this forum, and would like some help. I have an uncle who was a POW (or maybe a civiilian internee?) in "Africa". My question is how do I find an official record of where he was captured, where her was held and when released. Uncle Luciano has been dead now ten years, I only have...