• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. F

Artiglieri -- what color uniforms did Italian artillery use (North Africa)

Hey Bob, here's the 88 flak gun I painted. This is my first attempt and imo it turned out decent. I also did a 100mm artillery unit. The uniform colors came out a little darker than anticipated but I'm still experimenting. The pics don't do the best justice, tried to get as clear of a shot...
  2. F

Regarding G-V....Probably the closest color I have to G-V. Seems I need to add a little white to lighten it up a bit once it dries. Here is an Italian P26/40 (which was Italy's best heavy tank of WWII and modeled after the Soviet T-34, I read) I recently did for the game. Besides the...
  3. F

Ah, thanks again, Jeff! By chance do you know what color this rangefinder was? Also, what color were the 88 shells that were used? The colors suggested by the kit manufacturer also seem questionable at times (they never seem to have G-V in the crew, and the G-V leather you mentioned seems to...
  4. F

Hey, Bob! Will do! I do have a question regarding one of the crew members that came with this kit. See attached pic with arrow. This pic is from the kit but isn't very helpful. Can't tell if he is a spotter looking through some kind of scope? Or does he have some sort of cannon rammer...
  5. F

Grazie, Jeff! I really appreciate your thorough response! I shall study every detail. Also, much appreciation for the Osprey reference, I do enjoy their books and have one on Italian special forces in WWII. I just ordered the one on Italy in North Africa (which may be the one you...
  6. F

Hi guys, I'm new here. I am currently making an Italian army for the Flames of War game. I just painted a Flak 88 gun and am also building North Africa dessert terrain for it to mount on (see attached pic). Next I will paint the artillerymen (in the pic you can see circles where they will...