• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by 1089maul

1. 1089maul

Memoirs in English?

Jeff, yes, you are correct. Read the book sometime ago and have just refreshed my memory by a quick glance at it! Bob
  2. 1089maul

Memoirs in English?

Kolja, Whilst this book may not come under the heading of memoir, Mussolini’s Death March is well worth a read! Regards, Bob
  3. 1089maul

Dili

Jeff, Arrggghhhhhh! When I saw that Dili was the subject of the latest post I thought the worse. Glad to see that a regular contributor to this forum is well and only experiencing login problems!!! Regards, Bob
  4. 1089maul

Regia Marina: The under-appreciated Navy / Interview with Vincent O'Hara

Morning all, I have now had a chance to watch the interview. I am not familiar with the host or any of his previous interviews so I am hoping that I do not do him a disservice when I say that I found watching the interview somewhat laborious and in fact had to watch it in two sessions. The more...
  5. 1089maul

Regia Marina: The under-appreciated Navy / Interview with Vincent O'Hara

Saetta, I echo Jeff’s comments. Thanks for posting this. I will watch the entire clip and come back with my thoughts. Regards, Bob
  6. 1089maul

Guerrino Sambo, my grandfather

Friuli, Many thanks for sharing such wonderful photographs! Even nicer to see that you have his medal. Regards from the UK, Bob
  7. 1089maul

German and Italian Aircraft Carriers of World War II

Evening all, I know that this is not related to the above but I have just seen that a new book entitled Macchi C202/C205V in the Combat Aircraft series of books is scheduled to be released in May next year. All I know that it is 96 pages long which is normal for this series of books. Jeff -...
  8. 1089maul

Guerrino Sambo, my grandfather

Good evening all, This is the type of thread that I love! The personal story of real people who were involved in the conflict. Friuli, do you have any pictures of your nonno that you can put on this thread, preferably in uniform? Regards, Bob
  9. 1089maul

The Vth Tank Battalion M. 13/40. Personal Diary Of The Battalion Commander

A quick research shows that S. Ten. Pendibene received a posthumous silver medal. Info from www.assocarri.it Bob
  10. 1089maul

The Vth Tank Battalion M. 13/40. Personal Diary Of The Battalion Commander

Jeff, Very interesting. Thanks for posting! Regards, Bob
  11. 1089maul

Eritreans in 28mm

Agreed, very nice! Bob
  12. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Marek, Thanks for the update. I am really looking forward to the Betasom book. There aren’t many books dedicated solely to this area of the Regia Marina’s theatre of operations. I have a fair knowledge of the Italian involvement in the Battle of the Atlantic so will cast a critical eye over your...
  13. 1089maul

Mussolini's War series

Arrrggghhhhhhhh!!!! This book is still not available in the UK! I will have to remain patient. Marek, any update on the Betasom book? Regards, Bob
  14. 1089maul

Looking for a book on Beda Fomm

Dr G, I agree with your comments. I only mention it as I am not sure if Jeff is after all available information. Regards, Bob
  15. 1089maul

Looking for a book on Beda Fomm

Jeff, This is an old book and I am not sure that it will be detailed enough for your purposes. Regards, Bob