• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Friuli

1. F

Guerrino Sambo, my grandfather

Thank you for the informations, they are actually very useful!
  2. F

Just click on the picture, they were too big to directly upload them.
  3. F

Thank you for you help! Then I'll just have to wait some more for the next publication. Exactly! I meant that the Germans raked up the italians soldiers, didn't know you could use rake even with this meaning. Sure! I upload some. I'll get some various documents (fogli di licenza, libretto di...
  4. F

According to his journal and his foglio, in september 1939 he was drafted once again to serve with the Alpini, I've recontructed his order of battle: Gruppo d’Armate “Est” – Scacchiere orientale 2a Armata 11o Corpo d’Armata Raggruppamento Alpini “Alto Isonzo” 1° Gruppo Alpini...
  5. F

Memoirs in English?

In Italian there is "Centomila gavette di ghiaccio" by Giulio Bedeschi, "Il sergente della neve" by Mario Rigoni Stern, "L'alpino dalle sette vite sul fronte russo" by Massimo Toschi. The only English translation I've found is the one by Rigoni Stern...
  6. F

There are a few more sources I can check, but I don't expect to find much. I hope another member has sources that specialize in engineer units. If other members find errors in what in wrote, please correct me. Thank you for all these informations. I've read it got sick and was transferred to...
  7. F

It's too big to be uploaded directly to the forum, but I have found a way for you to download his military record: https://gofile.io/d/FP5CGZ
  8. F

Pity, I thought I attached it. Anyway here it is.
  9. F

Hello, I'm William, I live in Udine near the Italian border with Slovenia. Finally after so many years of research, I've found the military records of my grandfather, he was a soldier of the Genio Minatori or "miner" engineer. He was stationed in Slovenian border at the start of the invasion of...