• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. B

Discussion on Operazione «C3» / Herkules

I have tried twice to receive a copy of the above document ("Italy's elite and Malta...") but haven't yet received a reply. Maybe the request needs to come from an .edu address for the University to take it seriously? Regardless, my own humble efforts continue; after weeks of Photoshopping...
  2. B

The Osprey author (Charles Stephenson) lists 24 works in his bibliography and one website, but most pertain to the island's earlier years, and none of them would appear to be the source of the radar network shown in his "radar map". I checked the most likely source book -- the Shores/Cull book...
  3. B

Jeff, thanks for posting the two “radar sites” pictures – most interesting! But unfortunately, not accurately captioned. One says it’s of the radar installation (taken by the Luftwaffe’s 122. Recon Group) on the Delimara peninsula, which is of course way down on the Marsaxlokk Bay; the other is...
  4. B

Thanks, Perun -- for the map attribution and link to a kindred thread. I got the Kavanaugh booklet a couple of years ago, but soon got rid of it. A rather superficial document, I thought, without anything new or useful for my purposes -- too bad :-( Bruce
  5. B

Hey Perun I've requested a copy of the dissertation from the University of Malta ...thanks for bringing it to our attention! Let's hope that they're kindly disposed towards sharing it. Belated thanks. too, for posting that very useful hex map of the Malta ground forces dispositions and Axis...
  6. B

More OB stuff: last week on the TO&E Group someone contributed these two maps from a 2006 computer game "Conquest of the Aegean" by Panther/Matrix Games. The game included a Malta invasion module, with some very specific OB and and operational information. While not suggesting that these be...
  7. B

Still curious about the participation of the German 7.Flieger Division (which had been assigned a large role in “Herkules” by the Italians), I found this operational synopsis on the Lexikon der Wehrmacht site...
  8. B

I was fortunate to find this excellent ordnance survey topo on the Yale University site (https://collections.library.yale.edu/catalong/15502086) in the slightly unconventional scale of 1:31,680 -- so each grid square is 1000 yards. (Apologies for posting it in two pieces; I'd already reduced...
  9. B

First, a big Thank You to Jeff for sponsoring this thread. The impetus for the subject was my appeal for research assistance for a Malta invasion game on which I've begun working. The actual event was to occur in June (or July? or August?) 1942, but although much effort and resources were...