• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. F

Another Convoy - 7-8/09/1942 - Help Please

Hi Jeff, Thanks so much for the information. I have a couple of questions if I may? - What source are you using for your information? - Does the source offer any more information regarding the cargo being carried? Thanks!
  2. F

Another Convoy - 7-8/09/1942 - Help Please

Hi all, After the recent success in identifying a convoy on my other thread, I thought I would try my luck again. If any kind member could help me I would be very grateful. Not only does it help me personally, it also helps fill in the gaps of my ancestors rather short life, him losing it at 22...
  3. F

What Convoy Was This - 17/09/1942

Thanks Jeff, you are a gentleman. Regards
  4. F

Hi Jeff, Thank you for taking the time to look into it. Its a bit of a mystery isn't it. I looked at my other sources - Casualty reports, post incident reports etc and all have the same date of the 17/18th September. Do you have any further details on the 3 MV's and 2 TP's that left Suda for...
  5. F

Now, take a look at this one for the 19/20th September 1942 - The location, date/ time, number of destroyers etc fits perfectly with the convoy you originally mentioned:- Cheers
  6. F

Hi Maurizio, Hmmm, a tricky one. The Operations Record Book is very reliable when it comes to dates, as is the information contained as it was provided and cross referenced by the crew that participated in the attack. I have attached the entry for the 17/18th September 1942 below for you to...
  7. F

Hi Maurizio, Having checked my notes, this convoy is also of great interest to me. The convoy you listed was attacked in the early hours of the 20th September, West of Crete by bombers from 38 Squadron - as noted in your research. Thanks
  8. F

Hi Maurizio, Thank you for taking the time to reply, it's incredibly detailed. Unfortunately, I don't feel like the dates line up. The attack I am interested in definitely took place on the night of the 17th September - the convoy details you listed shows that the convoy was formed on the...
  9. F

Hi all, I am attempting to research an Italian / German convoy and have hit a wall! On the 17/18th September 1942, Wellington bombers located a convoy consisting of 3 MV's and 2 DR's at 33°15'N 23°43'E - the largest MV was estimated at 7-8000 tons, the two others were estimated at 4000 and...
  10. F

Introduction and Objectives

Hi Bob, Apologies for my late reply. My Great Uncle, a Rear Gunner with 221 Squadron was killed on the 2nd February 1943. His Wellington Bomber, HX398 took off from Luqa on an operation to find Italian and German Radar frequencies off the coast of Italy. It seems that during the sortie, they...
  11. F

Introduction and Objectives

Hello, Being a new member here I thought I would introduce myself. For the last 15 years I have been researching my Great Uncles career in the RAF. Many years ago I was able to find a number of records in Italian archives detailing the incident in which my Uncle was killed; he was shot down...