• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. L

Help deciphering Italian WW2 dog tags

I really appreciate all of your help. I found a man named Pasquale Zoia on LinkedIn that lives in Varese which is intriguing, but I probably won't take it further.
  2. L

Thanks so much for your help! I couldn't find any town named Farago (only as a name did it return searches on Google) but it makes sense that both tags would have the last two rows dedicated to their birthplace. Could the last name be Zoia instead of Zola or do you think that's likely a typo on...
  3. L

Thank you for your response! I’ve just posted the photos. Please let me know if they aren’t clear enough. Any information about what the tags say would be greatly appreciated!
  4. L

I'm in possession of two Italian WW2 dog tags that were carried by a U.S. Marine aboard a ship transporting Italian POWs during the war. Would I be able to get any help deciphering the writings on it or even finding out anything about the soldiers they belonged to?