• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Search results

1. A

Order of Battle R.E. Sep. 1943

3° Reggimento Artiglieria "Pistoia"(Fossalta) was with the Divisione Pistoia in Greece, but was largely left behind when the Division was sent to Africa. Probably the battalions left in Greece were transformed in Gruppi Artiglieria d'Armata. I don't know. This is just a guess. Here is the...
  2. A

In the meantime, following your hints I found this pubblication: OCCUPATION FORCES IN GREECE DURING WORLD WAR II 1941-1944 PART XVIII ITALIAN GROUND FORCES IN GREECE, 25 APRIL 1943-Through Italian staff maps Scanned and edited by Alexis Mehtidis from T-812 R-143/IT1220 (section)...
  3. A

Thank you very much, maybe you can also help me in understanding my grandfather journey. He was called to army in Jan 43 and assigned to the 3° Reggimento Artiglieria: Then when he went back home in his documents is written that he was in Greece with the 3° Artiglieria d'Armata - 14° Gruppo...
  4. A

Thanks! Where did you find this information? I mean, that the 25 of april the XIV Gruppo Artiglieria was attached to the Divisione Forlì? This could be very useful. I was also wandering to whom the XIV Gruppo was originally belonging to. My guess is that it was a part of the 3° Reggimento...
  5. A

Very interesting. My grandfather at the armistice was with XIV Gruppo Artiglieria d'Armata in Greece. I was wondering if there are similar maps also for that battlefront.