• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

26th Infantry Division Assietta

Alex

26th (Mountain) Infantry Division “Assietta” (26.a Divisione di fanteria "Assietta")

Last edited:
Improved version

26.a Divisione di fanteria "Assietta" (generale di divisione Francesco Scotti poi dal 26 luglio generale di divisione Ottorino Schreiber)
-Comando
-77.a Sezione CCRR
-78.a Sezione CCRR
-29.o reggimento fanteria (colonnello Mario Fontana)
--Comando
--Compagnia comando
--compagnia zappatori reggimentale
--compagnia anticarro reggimentale
--I/29.o battaglione fanteria
---Comando
---Compagnia comando
---1.a compagnia fucilieri
---2.a compagnia fucilieri
---3.a compagnia fucilieri
---4.a compagnia armi accompagnamento
--II/29.o battaglione fanteria
---Comando
---Compagnia comando
---5.a compagnia fucilieri
---6.a compagnia fucilieri
---7.a compagnia fucilieri
---8.a compagnia armi accompagnamento
--III/29.o battaglione fanteria
---Comando
---Compagnia comando
---9.a compagnia fucilieri
---10.a compagnia fucilieri
---11.a compagnia fucilieri
---12.a compagnia armi accompagnamento
-30.o reggimento fanteria (tenente colonnello Francesco Morettini)
--Comando
--Compagnia comando
--compagnia zappatori reggimentale
--compagnia anticarro reggimentale
--I/30.o battaglione fanteria
---Comando
---Compagnia comando
---1.a compagnia fucilieri
---2.a compagnia fucilieri
---3.a compagnia fucilieri
---4.a compagnia armi accompagnamento
--II/30.o battaglione fanteria
---Comando
---Compagnia comando
---5.a compagnia fucilieri
---6.a compagnia fucilieri
---7.a compagnia fucilieri
---8.a compagnia armi accompagnamento
--III/30.o battaglione fanteria (Tenente colonnello Giuseppe Spinelli)
---Comando
---Compagnia comando
---9.a compagnia fucilieri
---10.a compagnia fucilieri
---11.a compagnia fucilieri
---12.a compagnia armi accompagnamento
-17.a Legione CCNN con: (Console Arnaldo Negroni)
--Comando
--17.o battaglione camicie nere (Cremona)(Seniore Giovanni Cerchiari)
---Comando
---1.a compagnia
---2.a compagnia
---3.a compagnia
--19.o battaglione camicie nere (Crema)(Seniore Guglielmo Marelli)
---Comando
---1.a compagnia
---2.a compagnia
---3.a compagnia
--259.a compagnia CCNN mitraglieri (Centurione Lorenzo Bernardino)
-126.o battaglione mortai
--Comando
--1.a compagnia mortai da 81mm
--2.a compagnia mortai da 81mm
--3.a compagnia mortai da 81mm
-126.a compagnia cannoni controcarro
--Comando
--1.a compagnia controcarro da 47/32
--2.a compagnia controcarro da 47/32
-25.o reggimento artiglieria divisionale con (tenente colonnello Francesco Properzj)
--Comando
--Reparto comando
--1.o Gruppo da 100/17-14 ippotrainato (maggiore Ernesto Ipavec)
---Comando
---1.a batteria
---2.a batteria
---3.a batteria
--2.o Gruppo da 100/17-14 ippotrainato (tenente colonnello Eugenio Furitano)
---Comando
---1.a batteria
---2.a batteria
---3.a batteria
--3.o Gruppo da 75/27 ippotrainato
---Comando
---1.a batteria
---2.a batteria
---3.a batteria
--4.o Gruppo da 75/27 ippotrainato
---Comando
---1.a batteria
---2.a batteria
---3.a batteria
--10.a compagnia antiaerea da 20mm
--326.a compagnia antiaerea da 20mm
-126.o battaglione genio:
--64.a compagnia genio artieri
--26.a compagnia genio telegrafisti e radiotelegrafisti
--sezione fotoelettricisti

All the best
Maurizio

Alex

Hi Maurizio,

To save any confusion (I don't know if this is possible) can you delete your first response so only your later list is visible?

Thanks

Alex

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Done

paolo

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I was surfing the internet and I've found your forum while I was searching for information about my grandfather Ernesto Ipavec.
He was Major during the 1943 invasion of Sicily, and I think maybe you would be interested in his after war (he was prisoner in Algeria and France) report to the Italian Army.

I attach you here two files: one is the original handwritten from him and the other is just the same but easier to read in word.
Both are in italian, I hope they could be of interest for you. (since they're too big I put them here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/2a31bb8c1fa2c29fcd64bba3f08ce06520200508070758/422365)

In case you have any problem downloading the files, just write message to me, I will send you by email.

Even if you have any further questions about my grandfather (I never knew him directly as he died before I was born), I can forward your questions, or put you in contact with my uncle, aunt and mother who will be very happy to answer you!

Last edited:
Very interesting .... but there were no graphic attachments or maps to the report ???. The news of the capture with the note of the occurred report is also present in the Italian archives (Fondo M9 of the SME preserved in Rome)

paolo

There were no maps attached. The report cited in the Italian Archives is exactly this one posted by me.
Anyway with Google Maps you can figure out the places easily and reconstruct the movements my grandfather describes.

Paolo.chiaro

Hi all,

I'm new here, but I was surfing the internet and I've found your forum while I was searching for information about my grandfather Ernesto Ipavec.
He was Major during the 1943 invasion of Sicily, and I think maybe you would be interested in his after war (he was prisoner in Algeria and France) report to the Italian Army.

I attach you here two files: one is the original handwritten from him and the other is just the same but easier to read in word.
Both are in italian, I hope they could be of interest for you. (since they're too big I put them here: https://wetransfer.com/downloads/2a31bb8c1fa2c29fcd64bba3f08ce06520200508070758/422365)

In case you have any problem downloading the files, just write message to me, I will send you by email.

Even if you have any further questions about my grandfather (I never knew him directly as he died before I was born), I can forward your questions, or put you in contact with my uncle, aunt and mother who will be very happy to answer c

FrancoFB

Hi Maurizio, good detailed list
i have noted the compagnie antiarea, should be batterie?
and the 126a compagnia controcarro is formed from two compagnia? or is a btln or is formed from platoon

The companies are batteries were broken down into sections of 2 pieces each .... even if it doesn't matter much I followed your conversation with Dili in an interesting way about the influx of men in AS from 1st to 10th June and now I'm starting to I also think that in those 6/7 days the additional staff could have flown copiously even if there is no clear evidence on the fact .......
All the best
Maurizio