• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Infantrymen of the Air

1089maul

Jeff,
Introduction and first three chapters read. As I thought, for me, this will be a slow read due to the amount of content! I have even google earthed Tarquinia airfield the outline of which can still be see.
Regards,
Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Yes the runway is still visible in the satellite photos.

I am glad you are enjoying the book.

Pista! Jeff

1089maul

Jeff and all.
I have now finally read the book ‘Infantrymen of the Air’ and also Jeff’s blog. I knew it would take me time but that time was extended when I went away for a couple of weeks and left the book at home!
Jeff, I commend you Sir for such an interesting and in depth book on a little known Italian military subject in the English Language.
The book is very comprehensive and well written. The great extensive research that you carried out is very evident. Not only does it deal with the birth and development of the Italian Parachute organisation, it also deals extensively with the equipping and training of the various units.
There follows the deployment of the units and describes not only their involvement in engagements/operations but also an over view of certain battles.
As already highlighted in other book reviews, there is sadly a lack of useful maps to help the reader. Not in this case! I was concerned initially when I saw that the maps were all concentrated together towards the front of the book. This concern soon disappeared when it became apparent that the relevant chapter headings in the book also contained the relevant map number to refer to. This made it so much easier.
The photographs were excellent.
The book describes it self as the must have work when researching Italian WW2 parachutists. This gives me the only most minor criticism of the book and is more aimed at the publisher. The book deserves to be hardback!!!
I do recommend this book to all.
Jeff, I look forward to your next book. If there is anything that I can do in the UK to help you, then please let me know.
Regards to all,
Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am happy you found the book worthwhile to read. I do hope it become s a go-to work, but we will see.

While I too wish it had been issued as a hardback, I have read many posts of how individuals rather wait until the book is in paperback to pay less. The quality of the book is quite good, so I am okay with the paperback. If th ebook does get reprinted, I hope it is a hard back and I can get the errors fixed in that press.