• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Italian military garment?

iregubab

Hullo

This may be in entirely the wrong place but I've no idea where to start and this was the first result to come up in my search. Feel free to point me in another direction if need be!

I found this wool, Italian-tagged, possibly military-related light jacket/coat thing in a family member's closet and would appreciate any confirmation of its military/period relevance, and if so then any information on its history and origin.

Its lone tag is all I've got, no other story or details. At first I simply thought the year displayed was '82, but then wondered if it could instead say '32 especially considering the older style of tag, which has brought me here.

E.I or E.1
LAN-PECCI (?)
TG.1ª [I've figured this is its size]
C.36240 (?)
del 22/2/?2 [the ‘del’ is folded over in the pic]

Any help appreciated!
Iregubab

Attachments

• IMG_20240304_173909~2.jpg
    IMG_20240304_173909~2.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_20240304_173900~2.jpg
    IMG_20240304_173900~2.jpg
    838.4 KB · Views: 51

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Good day.

E.I. is Esercito Italiano, which is the name of the postwar Italy Army.

Lan is possibly lana (wool) and Pecci is possibly the manufacturer (this latter is a guess, Pecci makes wool fabric/yarns).

TG is taglia (size).

C.36240 is likely the stock number of the item.

The date appears to be 22/2/82.

A postwar Italian military winter shirt made in 1982.

Pista! Jeff