• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Recent content by Bigmaz

1. B

Enamal/Ceramic ribbon bar

Thank you so much Jeff. You have really cleared up some stuff for me....yes he was literate,and became a sargeant later on when he was in Russia with the CSIR. I quite a few more documents l would like to send you,as l cant actually read the cursive writing which is in Italian. He actaully said...
  2. B

Tried to post pic here,,but says file too large. If you have an email l can send it to you . Mine is amazzonbarbell@hotmail.com Pls msg me,and l will send you a pic of his certificate of the Croce Rosa from Tge Spanish civil war .
  3. B

Thanks so much for your reply. He was a sergeant. The one at the bottom is the ostfront medal for service in russia. I think you are right with most of the rest. He has a certificate from the spanish civil war for the croce rosa....not sure exactly what for .... One of the bars is damaged,so l...
  4. B

Has anyone ever seen a ceramic/enamal ribbon bar like this one? It has all my grandfathers campaign and awards on it,but l have never seen anything like it before. Even medal collectors that l have spoken to ,have never seen anything like this. Im assuming its issue,but it may not be. Can...