• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

alternate uniform sources

Ironmaiden2000

So aside from going as low to ordering from Hikishop i was told by our usual source Santoria equipe/Giuseppe Infante that he is out of grey green cloth. I have no idea when he is going to get more and the last time i checked was before bootcamp so it has been months (i asked recently and same deal) as such i am seeing if anybody knows of any alternate good sources for uniforms that they would recommend

James

Hi Ironmaiden2000,

If you are not already aware of them, you could check out "Lo Stile degli Eroi" (https://lostiledeglieroi.it/). I have not purchased anything from them however their products appear (to me) to be of accurate, high quality. Our fellow forum members may have some experience with them and may be able to correct my assumptions regarding accuracy and quality etc.

May I ask if Hikishop has a negative reputation amongst our fellow collectors and/or reenactors? They were recommended to me by a reenacting organisation in Italy, so I figured they must be a reputable company.

Kind regards,

James

Ironmaiden2000

Hi Ironmaiden2000,

If you are not already aware of them, you could check out "Lo Stile degli Eroi" (https://lostiledeglieroi.it/). I have not purchased anything from them however their products appear (to me) to be of accurate, high quality. Our fellow forum members may have some experience with them and may be able to correct my assumptions regarding accuracy and quality etc.

May I ask if Hikishop has a negative reputation amongst our fellow collectors and/or reenactors? They were recommended to me by a reenacting organisation in Italy, so I figured they must be a reputable company.

Kind regards,

James
Thanks for the response james, the website in question i have heard of, although i haven't bought from them, they look decent but i do not know if they have the items i need for my MVSN russia impression. As for Hikishop they have the reputation of the gear not being quality and not accurate in some regards. I am sure if Jeff pops his head in he would say the same thing, have a good day!

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Buon Natale!

I have not stayed current with the availability of reproduction uniforms. Equipe Sartoria has always been the only source I trust.

RE: Lo Stile degli Eroi. I am not sure, but I believe those uniforms are Hiki with a considerable mark-up. I ordered some A.S. items from either that shop or an other in Italy a few years ago. Definitely Hiki items. When I was researching reproduction uniforms, only SE was making their own uniforms, everyone else was buying from China.

The main issue with Hiki (if you can get the sizing right) is the cloth. You never know what you are going to receive color-wise. When Hiki was first in the market, our group took the position that the Hiki uniforms (at least the M40s) were okay. The cut of the uniform had some issues, but not enough to be a problem in a reenacting setting. With the variations in cloth color, I feel Hiki can be a crap-shoot.

I don't know if any has ordered from Schuster in Russia. I believe they were making Italian uniforms. I vaguely remember that some had issues wither product as well, but I would need to ask around. As a company, they are very reliable and good to work with (I order my WW1 Russian items from them). However I don't know the quality of their Italian items (or if they make them). I will ask around.

Have you asked the FB Italian groups?

Pista! Jeff

Ironmaiden2000

Buon Natale!

I have not stayed current with the availability of reproduction uniforms. Equipe Sartoria has always been the only source I trust.

RE: Lo Stile degli Eroi. I am not sure, but I believe those uniforms are Hiki with a considerable mark-up. I ordered some A.S. items from either that shop or an other in Italy a few years ago. Definitely Hiki items. When I was researching reproduction uniforms, only SE was making their own uniforms, everyone else was buying from China.

The main issue with Hiki (if you can get the sizing right) is the cloth. You never know what you are going to receive color-wise. When Hiki was first in the market, our group took the position that the Hiki uniforms (at least the M40s) were okay. The cut of the uniform had some issues, but not enough to be a problem in a reenacting setting. With the variations in cloth color, I feel Hiki can be a crap-shoot.

I don't know if any has ordered from Schuster in Russia. I believe they were making Italian uniforms. I vaguely remember that some had issues wither product as well, but I would need to ask around. As a company, they are very reliable and good to work with (I order my WW1 Russian items from them). However I don't know the quality of their Italian items (or if they make them). I will ask around.

Have you asked the FB Italian groups?

Pista! Jeff
Thanks for asking jeff, i haven't really gotten the opportunity to check around but i will try my best, i am not sure which groups are exactly active

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
There are:

And of course the « Monte Cervino » page...

Last edited: