• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Another Regis Marina discussion on YouTube

1089maul

Hello all,

I found the below discussion on YouTube by accident. The discussion lasts just over two hours but I did find it informative and interesting.

Unfortunately, my technical abilities are limited on a tablet so am unable to put a link on this thread. However, if you search The Regia Marina in WWII then you will discover it. The discussion produced by WW2TV. There are four participants including Drachinifel who held a similar discussion with Vincent O’Hara and subject of an entry on this forum below.

The participants on this discussion are asked to comment on a number of questions re the Regia Marina. They discuss in depth the issue off the Regia Marina’s gunnery capabilities including the question of dispersal which was subject in previous thread on this forum.

It was refreshing to hear a lot more positive comments of the actions of the Regia Marina during WW2.

I believe that WW2TV held an Italian week so will look to see what other topics were discussed.

As I said, the discussion lasts for just over two hours so I watched it in over a couple of days.

Regards to all,

Bob

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Bob

I assume this is the video.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I was able to watch the video. Pretty good over all. I wish they had let Giulio speak more. I don't hear anything new, but for someone new to the history of the RM, a good discussion.

1089maul

Jeff,
Very valid comments re not learning anything new and I didn’t agree with all what they said. However I found it a balanced approach. By coincidence, I have just this second finished watching another what I would call a presentation on Italy’s invasion of Greece. The presenter‘s only guest is Giulio and he does most of the talking! Again you you won’t learn a great deal more but I feel that WW2TV with their Italian series is reaching out to those with no knowledge of Italy’s efforts in WW2 or those whose knowledge has been clouded with the usual belief that a Italian soldiers either surrendered or ran away! To that end they are doing a good job.
Regards,
Bob