• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Book Research

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am currently writing a book on the paracadutisti for English readers. I am reaching out for some research assistance.

In the Diario Storico del Comando Supremo vol III tomo I, there are several statements of a planned parachute operation against the Corinth isthmus.

p. 641, 4 April 1941. "Stato Maggiore Regio Esercito trasmette (foglio 6312 - allegato n. 178), per il benestare, le direttive per l'esigenza "P2" (azione paracadutisti sul canale di Corinto);..."

p. 696, 11 April 1941, "invia, per conoscenza, copia delle direttive "P2" (foglio 6800 - allegato n. 589) diramate per l'azione di paracadustisti sull'Istmo di Corinto."

These allegati aren't include in the the document volume (tomo II). Does anyone have access to the listed documents?

Grazie! Jeff

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am looking for the following articles. Any assistance is appreciated,

Basilio di Martino, «Balbo e le aviotruppe. L’esperimento di aviosbarco delle grandi manovre in Libia», Rivista Aeronautica, giugno 2013, pp. 104-111.

Filippo Cappellano, Paolo Formiconi, «Italo Balbo e le grandi manovre in Libia del 1938 in Libia», Storia Militare, novembre 2011, pp. 4-16.

Luigi Gobbi, «Reparti Speciali d’Assalto», Rivista Aeronautica, maggio 1935, pp. 284- 286.

Prospero Freri, «Arditismo aereo», Rivista Aeronautica, luglio 1937, pp 18-27.

Gianni Bordini, «Sbarchi aerei», Rivista Aeronautica, aprile 1937.

Grazie!

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you to all that helped.

I have signed a contract wth Hellion to publish the book. I will have the manuscript to them NLT than 30 June 2022.

Thank you DrG for the link to the Rivista Aeronautica. I have the articles I was looking for.

Thank you to Alex for a copy of the Cappellano/Formiconi article.

I am still looking for a copy of:

Basilio di Martino, «Balbo e le aviotruppe. L’esperimento di aviosbarco delle grandi manovre in Libia», Rivista Aeronautica, giugno 2013, pp. 104-111.

If any of our Italian members can help, the Museo Guerra in Rovereto has two manuals I would like to get copies/scans of.

Organizzazione e impiego tattico dei reparti paracadutisti

Addestramento e impiego dei reparti paracadutisti

Grazie! Jeff