• As some of you know, the old forum database was deleted by the previous administrator. I am attempting to paste any retrievable discussions back into this forum using the internet archive. It won't look pretty - but at least we can preserve some valuable information. Feel free to add to the discussions as these old posts are restored.

Build your ASI Army 10 June 1940 for offensive into Egypt

Dili

With existing equipment only:

6 motorised brigades each with 1 regiment - 4 with the regiments of Trieste and Trento plus the 2 Bersaglieri in those - so these divisions cease to exist, typical divsional artillery regiment so there is need of 4 more artillery regiments of divisional level , 61 qty tankette group along the organization of those celere Division.

Trucks for tankette movement.

1 Armored division - in practice more of a Brigade with 72 M11 39 - it could be said the Ariete.

Fictional equipment but within realistic possibilities.

Autoblindo - so Italy did not stopped their development after WW1 and have a model already or instead the complications of 4 wheel direction of Autoblinda AB41 just make something simple.
The Autoblindo should have a 47mm gun at least.
Truck mounted artillery , including with HV anti aircraft guns for AT and anti bunker work. Maybe along the lines of Breda Dovunque 90/53 from 1943 but with a 75mm gun.
Light armored APC like AS37.

With this ,drop the tankettes and the M11-39 . No tracks needed to take Egypt.

I would consider giving the N African front the full 94 M11/39s that were produced minus the 6 for training. If 23 made it to Sidi Barrani, then I don't see why at least 30-35 couldn't complete an advance to Mersa Matruh.

Last edited:
British OOB as of June 1940 according to Fallen Eagles:

4th Armoured Brigade- Mersa Matruh
1 & 6th RTR
7th Armoured Brigade- Sidi Sulieman
7th & 8th Hussars
Support Group- Sidi Barrani
1st K.R.R.C. Battalion
2nd Motor Battalion The Rifle Brigade
1st Royal Northumberland Fusiliers
3rd Royal Horse Artillery
F Battery Royal Horse Artillery
11th Hussars
Cairo Infantry Brigade

Other CW in Egypt:
4th Indian Division minus one Infantry Brigade
5th & 11th Infantry Brigade- Nile Delta
6th Australian Inf. Div. (newly forming)
2nd New Zealand Div (newly forming) -Both in the Nile Delta

It's my understanding that there was at least 2 Cruiser Squadrons with usually one active while the other rested .
I don't have the exact number of Mark VI Bs, Universal carriers, Armoured Cars, or artillery.

And there's some Vickers tanks dug in at Mersa:
Edit-spelling

Last edited: