• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Damned Hunchbacks - new book

1089maul

Morning all,
I was just about to start reading Paolo Morsi’s Steel Centurions book when I thought I would do a Google search on the author to see what other books he has written of which I already own a couple.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that Helion will be releasing his next book this month (???) entitled Damned Hunchbacks. This would appear to be a comprehensive history on the development and operational use of the Savoia Marchetti SM79.
There are many books on this well known aircraft but hopefully this book will be the most detailed.
I have registered an interest with Helion and am looking forward to be getting it.
I will of course update this thread when I get the book and give my thoughts on it.
Regards to all,
Bob

1089maul

Afternoon all,
My copy of Damned Hunchbacks has arrived.
I have had a quick scan through of the book. The format and style of the book is the same as Steel Centurions but around 120 pages shorter. It looks promising although the author seems to be making torpedo claims attributed to the German Airforce. I look forward to be reading this and ascertaining the information to support this!
The photograph section looks good with some pictures that I have seen before.
Will do a review once I have read it!
Regards to all,
Bob