• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Generale Carlo de Simone

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
by orlando lorenzini » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:50 am

Hello Sirs:
I would like all type of dates about the Italian general Carlo de Simone, he was in East Africa during the 2 World War.

Orlando Lorenzini.Saludos.

-----------

by BRY » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:40 am

The Invasion of British Somaliland

------------

by orlando lorenzini » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:41 am

Hello BRY:
Many thanks for your fast link about the invasion of British Somaliland. It is a great work of B. Stone. There is a great report about of this short but important campaign in "Eritrea 1941" A.J. Barker. This campaign was very important because the Allied force had intention of to overrun the Italian East Africa with a great attack from British and French Somaliland;the French had fighters monoplane Morane-Saulnier (six in whole), France had deployed in Djibouti a great and important force led by Gen. Legentilhomme including troops of Foreign French Legion and other colonial units. Furthermore, the British a few times had reinforced British Somaliland even the feared 2º battalion of Black Watch, K.A.R., Northen Rhodesian Regiment, battalions of Indian Army more Somaliland Camel Corps.

BRY,do you know any link or any info about the Somaliland Camel Corps?.

The Generale Carlo de Simone was a Italian military of first line of fire,he was in the First World War and after the campaign in the British Somaliland the Duke of Aosta sent to him to south of Italian Somaliland for to command the Italian troops there after the destitution of the Gen. Pesenti.De Simone fought very hard against Southafrican troops in their advance over Addis Abeba.

One salute from Spain:

Pedro "Orlando Lorenzini"

-----------

by orlando lorenzini » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:45 am

Mistake:
"after the destitution of the Gen. Pesenti" I want to say: "after the deprive of the Gen. Pesenti".
Sorry.Pedro

----------

by BRY » Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:34 am

They were at Tug Argan during the invasion of British Somaliland, they melted away, like many native troops.I'll look in my book.

------------

by BRY » Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:00 am

As the British prepared to evacuate Berbera in British Somaliland, Pg 249 in Mockler's book.

"The Camel Corps had more or less dissolved. Just before leaving, the British military authorities had demonstrated their trust in their own appointed officials by tricking the Somali police in Berbera to parade in the square. There they disarmed them under the menacing threat of a Punjabi machine-gun detachment."

Looks like the British didn't think too much of any of the Somalis. Apparently the Italians got a warm welcome.

-----------

by orlando lorenzini » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:44 am

BRY:
Wholehearted thanks for your reply.
Pedro

------------

by pg » Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 am

Good account.....check out the figures though...,, now that's what I call a Phyric victory!!!