• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

"How much is worth Buche e Croci nel deserto"

Slavomir

At least a few times, I was directed to Giuseppe Rizzo's "Buche e Croci cel Deserto. Apoteosi della Divisione CR "Ariete" as for monography of the Division "Ariete". Recently I have found a copy for 120 Euro. Is it worth the money, considering that the book was published in 1969?

What are your thoughts?

Thank you for your help

Slavomir

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I assume that no one has a copy or read the book. I have not read it. I know from the few times I have looked for it that it is not an easy book to find.

For me, if the topic of the research is a long term effort and something I will repeatedly use, then it is a purchase. The question is how deep are you into researching the «Ariete»? Rizzo served with the division and earned an MoV. If you are serious about the researching the division, then I would rank it as a must have. The book is over 600 pages which is a good indication that the book has a lot to offer.

I see there are two copies on ABE for sale. They appear to be the same edition. If you are spending the big bucks, go ahead and buy the more expensive copy. It has the dust cover and the two maps. The less expensive book doesn't have the cover and the seller doesn't mention the maps (you can always ask if they are present). As it is a complete first edition, it is worth more. Of course, value is only relevant if there are people who want to buy it. Shipping will add to the cost. The shipping prices I see are on the high end but not unusual for the US, likely much less to your location.

Here is an article I found announcing Rizzo death.

Screenshot_2021-03-13_Rivista_100_pdf_1_.png

Screenshot_2021-03-13_Rivista_100_pdf.png

Last edited:

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
This is the website where I found the article. It has pictures of the book.

Pista! Jeff