• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

L3/35 with smoke generator

sultanbev

Hi all, wonder if anyone can help.
I know the Italians and Hungarians tested a prototype of the L3/35 tankette with a smoke generator, I think trailer mounted. Has anyone got a photo or drawing of the prototype that they can share?

All the best
Maurizio

Attachments

• fre.png
    fre.png
    203.7 KB · Views: 154
  • fru.png
    fru.png
    149 KB · Views: 163

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you Maurizio. I have not read about this trailer before. Was only one prototype built?

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Found it. It is a CV 29, not a CV 33.

1089maul

I too have never heard of this vehicle. However, my Osprey Italian light tanks whilst it lists the vehicle incorrectly as a CV33, states that the vehicle never went into production so presumably only the prototype was built.
Regards to all,
Bob

Jeff
Experiments were also made to hook the sprayer trolley to an L35 (second photo) but then they were abandoned and, by the way, I've never found any official feedback on mass production (so I really think it's still a prototype) or executive drawings some prototypes.....well???
all the best
Maurizio

Kustosz2137

Thank you Maurizio. I have not read about this trailer before. Was only one prototype built?
Seems like this was heavily inspired by British trailer for CL Mk.VI, with minor modifications and smoke generator added.

Last edited: