• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Logistical planning data

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am seeking Italian logistical planning tools (charts, tables, documents, manuals, etc.) for the prewar period (1937–39) or 1940. These are for research for a book on North Africa.

The first step is merely knowing what these are called. It is difficult to search for something if one doesn’t know what there are named. An example of the type of information I am seeking is similar to that found in the US Army’s TM 101-10-1/2 Staff Officers’ Field Manual Organization, Technical, and Logistical Data or in various Staff Officer’s Planning Guides. Another example is the US Army FM 9-6.

Examples of questions I am trying answer are:

How did Italy define a unit of fire?;

How did they define a prescribed/basic load?;

How did they define a single issue of fuel?.

Thank you for any assistance.

Pista! Jeff

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the reminder Maurizio

Yes, I did find some answers.

Pista!

Jeff

Reactions: DrG

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
Tried and brain dead. I have been exchanging emails and posts with several others on this issue of logistics. I don't always remember everyone's code names :(

My apologizes DrG. I made this same error with another individual. I will need to send him a note.

Pista! Jeff