• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

Ten.Col. Leopoldo Pardi

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
by 13emeDBLE » Fri Feb 01, 2008 4:44 am
Hi all,

I am looking for some information on this famous Maggiore Leopoldo PARDI, who was in command of a Gruppo of 100/17 of 2° artiglieria celere during the battles of Halfaya Pass (Brevity and Battleaxe), and supported the resistance of Kampfgruppe Bach at halfaya's pass against attacks.

Does anybody know his career before and after may-June 41 ?

Does anyone have a picture?

Thanks for all the information...

regards,

CM

-----------------

by michele » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:44 am
I only remember that he died in July 1942 (first el-Alamein)

----------------

by Oasis » Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:07 am
Hi DBLE
I have a biography of Ten.Col. Leopoldo Pardi, but it is too long to translate here. I give some resumed parts.

Arrives in Tripoli with the rank of Major on 14 jan'41 with 2° rgt Articelere.
Participated in all operations with the german armored corps of Rommel, well distinguished as you cited in the fightings of Halfaya Pass and in front of Tobruk.
Dissolved the 2° Articelere after the surrender of Bardia, he was still operating on Tobruk front as detached from the regiment.
On 31st jan'42 he and his group become part of the 1° Articelere "Principe Eugenio di Savoia".
Raised to Tenente Colonnello on 9 July 1942, the same day is mortally wounded and died on 12th July. Greatly estimated by Rommel, the General tried to save him putting at his disposal his personal aircraft Cicogna, but it was too late.
He is awarded:
nr. two Medaglia d'Argento and one of Bronzo al V.M.; one Croce di Guerra al V.M.; two german Iron Cross (2. and 1. class); one Croce al merito di guerra; one Croce d'oro and others.

Something more if anybody interested.

Here a picture of LtCol Pardi, sorry I cannot reach the source.
Regards

Oasis

pardi.jpg