• Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to webmaster@comandosupremo.com if interested!

The Naval war in the Mediterranean 1940-1943 Greene Massignani

Turbulent98

Is anybody in contact with either of the authors of this book? The book cites a number of niche sources that I am having difficulty finding. As to the book it is a reasonable account but the maps in it look as though they were produced on Windows 95 or earlier .

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
I am not in contact with either. Greene is a wargamer. He has been working on several games and he appears in several historical and war-game forums. Here is one. http://talk.consimworld.com/WebX/.1dda9a61 Scroll down to his posts.

What source are you looking for?

Pista! Jeff

Turbulent98

Thanks for the link Jeff. I will have to go through the book footnotes and make a list.I have noticed that in the second edition of the book some of the footnotes are either missing or incorrect. The Raspin book and a file they mention about Italian ships transporting POW would be the first two off the top of my head.

jwsleser

Administrator
Staff member
The Raspin book will need to be either interlibrary loan or visit a library and copy it. It was published in 1986 by Garland Publishers, but that company focused on academic works and the print run was likely small to meet whatever PhD requirement existed at the time (back in the years of yore, PhD candidates had to provide a number of bound copies of their dissertations).

I did a quick scan of the book to see if I could spot the file, but no luck. I am sure you saw it in a footnote somewhere.

Turbulent98

The POW file is mentioned in the book on P271 but they fail to give the file reference number for it. In other chapters there are numbers relating to notes that do not exist. 0/10 for proof reading. Calling every vessel THE in the text really annoys me

Andreas

Is anybody in contact with either of the authors of this book? The book cites a number of niche sources that I am having difficulty finding. As to the book it is a reasonable account but the maps in it look as though they were produced on Windows 95 or earlier .
Jack is very active on Facebook. You can contact him there.

If you don't have an account, DM me.

All the best

Andreas

Andreas

The POW file is mentioned in the book on P271 but they fail to give the file reference number for it. In other chapters there are numbers relating to notes that do not exist. 0/10 for proof reading. Calling every vessel THE in the text really annoys me
There was a member (now deceased) on WW2Talk (Adm199) who was the expert on this. What exactly is the question?

All the best

Andreas