Get Paid to Write for Comando Supremo: We are looking for talented researchers/writers who are fluent in English and can write original content on Italy in World War Two. Please reach out to email@example.com if interested!
Battaglione fanteria 1918
- Battaglione comando with 4 lanciabombe Stokes
- Three compagnia fucilieri (rifle companies), each of which was assigned a section of machine guns (2 pistole mitragliatrici).
- One compagnia mitragliatrici pesanti (8 mtr.)
- One detachment zappatori
Note, that the book mentions also the following units created in the regiment during the war:
- plotone assalto,
- repato cannonicini 37-mm (4 infantry guns),
- sezione lanciafliamme (12 portable flame throwers).
It is unclear, where they were disbanded by 1918 or were supernumerary - i.e. not included in the TOE organization.
Brigade (Brigata) 1915 - in Italian army this was the highest level of infantry organization.